Hemp seeds, or hemp hearts, are the seeds of the hemp plant. Although marijuana comes from the same plant, hemp seeds only contain a trace amount of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, and the will not get you high. Hemp seeds are safe and very healthy to eat.
The health benefits of hemp seeds is extensive and is why we choose to add them to our snacks, making them a powerful superfood snack. They include…
- Rich in GLA – Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) is a necessary building block for some prostaglandins — hormone-like chemicals in the body that help smooth muscles, control inflammation and body temperature, and are vital to other body functions.
- Arthritis and Joint Pain
- Digestive Health – High in insoluble and soluble fiber, hemp seeds provide more than enough bulk to keep your gastrointestinal system regular. Additionally, this healthy mixture of roughage feeds the probiotics in your gut and helps secure a robust immune system.
- Weight Loss – Hemp is a natural appetite suppressant and can help you feel full longer and reduce sugar cravings.
- Hair, Skin & Nails
- Cancer – Because of its perfect fatty acid profile of omega-3 fats and GLA, hemp seed helps naturally balance inflammation levels and strengthen the immune system.
- Heart Health – Some of the key ingredients in building a healthy heart include fiber, plant-based protein, healthy fats and eating less sugar. Hemp seeds help in doing all of those things.